What is the Youth Leadership Award?
The DAREarts Youth Leadership Awards celebrate young people and their ability to take action to create positive change. Every year, DAREarts selects former participants who have demonstrated a commitment to leadership above and beyond the DAREarts program. These are students who demonstrate perseverance, and determination, facilitating positive change in their lives and their communities.
Am I eligible?
You are eligible to apply if you have participated in a DAREarts program (past or present) and are at least 12 years old. There is no upper age limit — even if your time in DAREarts was several years ago, you are still eligible to apply for this award.
How do I apply?
Please answer the questions below and send your application to us by clicking the submit button. If you’d prefer to record yourself answering the questions instead of writing them, please share your video or audio recording with us by uploading it to a free sharing platform like WeTransfer, Google Drive, or Dropbox and emailing the link to email@example.com with the subject line “Application for DAREarts Leadership Awards 2022”.
What happens if I’m chosen?
- Leadership Award recipients will receive an engraved Leadership Awards medallion, and a $500 award.
- We will work with you to create a short and impactful creative video that showcases who you are and why you’re receiving this special award.
- The video will require you to share your story using an arts discipline and/or format of your choice. You will be supported through the video creation process with access to our team, editing through a professional videographer, and we will provide supplies to help you capture your vision.
- The video will be shared broadly on social media, and your story will become part of this year’s annual Leadership Awards celebrations.
- You will be recognized at a virtual event hosted by DAREarts where you can invite your family and friends. Your video story production will be shared and celebrated across Canada.
- Your story will be shared with the press and you may have the opportunity to participate in interviews on radio, or even TV.