What is the Youth Leadership Award?
The Thrive Youth Leadership Awards celebrate young people and their ability to take action to create positive change. Every year, Thrive Youth selects former participants who have demonstrated a commitment to leadership above and beyond the Thrive Youth program. These are students who demonstrate perseverance, and determination, facilitating positive change in their lives and their communities.
Am I eligible?
You are eligible to apply if you have participated in a Thrive Youth program (past or present) and are at least 12 years old. There is no upper age limit — even if your time in Thrive Youth (previously known as DAREarts!) was several years ago, you are still eligible to apply for this award.
How do I apply?
Please answer the questions below and send your application to us by clicking the submit button. If you’d prefer to record yourself answering the questions instead of writing them, please share your video or audio recording with us by uploading it to a free sharing platform like WeTransfer, Google Drive, or Dropbox and emailing the link to email@example.com with the subject line “Application for Thrive Youth Leadership Awards 2023”. If you have any questions or if you’re not sure what to talk about in your application, please reach out to us — we’re here for you!
What happens if I’m chosen?
- Leadership Award recipients will receive an engraved Leadership Awards medallion, and a $500 award.
- You will win a trip to Toronto (all expenses paid!) to be recognized at a Thrive Youth event. Travel and accommodations will be provided for recipients who live outside of the Greater Toronto Area. This event will be held in November 2023.
- We will work with you to create a short and impactful creative video that showcases who you are and why you’re receiving this special award.
- The video will require you to share your story using an arts discipline and/or format of your choice. You will be supported through the video creation process with access to our team, editing through a professional videographer, and we will provide supplies to help you capture your vision.
- The video will be shared broadly on social media, and your story will become part of this year’s annual Leadership Awards celebrations.
- Your video story production will be shared and celebrated across Canada.
- Your story will be shared with the press and you may have the opportunity to participate in interviews on radio, or even TV.