DAREarts Youth Ambassador Program
Share your story, work with the DAREarts team, and help develop future leaders - like you.
DAREarts is excited to announce we’re seeking Youth Ambassadors! Whether you’re a current participant or alumni, DAREarts is looking to share your impactful story across the country and demonstrate the impact DAREarts’ programming can make on a child’s confidence and creative expression.
This is your chance to voice your life changing experience and work with DAREarts through speaking events, recorded promotion, and more. To learn more about eligibility, role responsibility and the application process, review the job description below!
Ambassador Role Description & Expectations
DAREarts Ambassadors are defined as the following:
- Youth and young adults (ages 16 to 29 years old) who are program participants or alumni
- Act as volunteers to share their personal development story to increase awareness of DAREarts
- Enable the organization to ultimately serve more young people in the future.
REQUIREMENTS & EXPECTATIONS
Interested Ambassador candidates must:
- Formally apply with a 1-2 page Expression of Interest letter or video that speaks to why they would be a strong ambassador, including how this experience would be empowering to them (submitted letters or videos must be from the applicant directly, and not applying on someone else’s behalf)
- Be a current or former program participant whose experience had a positive effect on their life
- As an Ambassador you will maintain a positive and respectful public and online image that aligns with DAREarts’ core values (a positive influencer, leading by example for future DAREarts youth)
- Be comfortable and feel secure in publicly sharing their personal life story and personal DAREarts experience online, in print and in-person, for the purpose of advancing the organization
*Ambassadors will always have input on anything relating to them before DAREarts shares stories publicly. Stories will be approached very sensitively.
- Be available to attend at least two virtual or in-person event (depending on location and/or pandemic-related restrictions) annually to speak about themselves as a DAREarts alumni (and/or record a video of themselves)
- Be comfortable having their image and story used in DAREarts marketing materials for the purpose of promoting programs and raising more funding to ultimately serve more youth
- Attend Ambassador training and an annual meeting with the DAREarts team Serve as an Ambassador for a minimum of 2 years
BENEFITS AS AN AMBASSADOR
- Leadership development and public speaking experience
- Complimentary resume training
- Paid honorariums of $25/hour for training, meetings, interviews and appearances Paid travel allowance expenses as required
- Paid “business attire” allowance as required
- DAREarts clothing
*The DAREarts Youth Ambassador group will be supported by the Director of Development and Digital Marketing & Communications Manager staff members.
As a young leader yourself, you can make an impact in the lives of others by simply sharing your story.
Sound like fun? Complete our application form by clicking the Apply Now button below.
We can’t wait to hear from you!